I’m so behind in bringing you guys some reviews, but I am hoping to get back on track these next couple of weeks so that you can see these awesome products!! Up first, we have Let’s Use Langauge from Everyday Speech!
Let’s Use Language was created by SLPs as a literacy based approach to teach vocabulary, sequencing, categories, and opposites. It includes 10 different stories to address each skill and covers a variety of topics! It uses the context of each story to target the language concepts in each of 40 lessons.
Once you enter the app you can see the targets on the left side column, and when you highlight the target, the stories available are up on the main part of the screen. There is also a spot to add your own skill! I love that you can add more into this app to meet your caseload’s needs.
So I added Synonyms to my list, and now I can add a lesson!
When you choose one of the other skills, up pops the narrative and a picture. You also have the option to read it in a full screen. Once you read the whole story, you hit Start to answer the questions.
Once a lesson is completed, a star chart comes up that shows how many questions the student got right. There is no other data collection included in this app.
Here’s what I LOVE about this app…
- We know that literacy and language go hand in hand, so I really like to incorporate literacy skills into my therapy sessions.
- Options to customize for my students
- Common language therapy skills included
- Bright, engaging pictures to accompany each story
- Variety of stories included
Here’s what I would love to see in the app…
- Student profiles and data collection
- The option to turn the pictures off for the questions…but Everyday Speech is two steps ahead of me and has already submitted an update to Apple to include this feature, so it will be available in an update soon!!
- The ability to choose the questioning type instead of just the multiple choice option, as some of my students are very good guessers!
Let’s Use Language is available in the iTunes Store for $14.99 BUT you can enter to win one of TWO free copies in the Rafflecopter below!! Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I was given a free copy of this app in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own. No other compensation was provided.