This post includes Amazon Affiliate links
Bear’s New Friend is a story about the newest addition to Bear’s forest crew….Owl! Owl is a little on the shy side and he needs some convincing to come out of the hole to meet Bear and his friends.
This packet is 32 pages of activities to target your students’ speech and language needs! Here’s what’s included:
- 32 Rhyming Cards, play matching, memory, or Go Fish! Blank Paw Cards, use for finding more rhyming word pairs, speech words, target parts of speech, etc.
- Level 1 Comprehension Cards, includes 2 answer choices with pictures.
- Level 2 Comprehension Cards, includes various question types to target WH comprehension.
- 12 Sequencing Cards, sequence events with words paired with pictures
- 8 Vocabulary Cards, with multiple choice questions using context clues with vocabulary from the story.
- 18 Antonym Cards, to target vocabulary from the story while playing matching, memory, or Go Fish.
- Verb Sorting Mat, target past, present, and future verbs!
- 12 Regular Verbs and 12 Irregular Verbs, all from the story!
- Friendship Owls Sorting Mat, sort friendship situation cards based on friendly vs. unfriendly actions.
- 12 Friendship Situation Cards, students to identify if a person is friendly or unfriendly.
- 12 Blank Friendship Cards, for students to name character traits on their own!
- Roll & Cover Open Ended Dice Game, use with any of the included targets or your own! After practicing their target skill, students will roll the dice and cover the number they roll with a marker or chip. Whoever fills all of their circles first, wins!
- Roll & Color Open Ended Dice Game, use with any of the included targets or your own! After practicing their target skill, students will roll the dice and color the part of the owl as indicated by their roll. Whoever finishes coloring their owl first, wins!
- Who Has Wise Speech? Articulation Page, students can find words with their target sound in the story. This is perfect for sending home with students to work on carryover practice :)Each target skill includes directions, reference to Common Core Standards addressed, and “I will” learning goal. Please check out the preview for a closer look of the activities! You can also visit my blog for more pictures and ideas for use.
You can find this in my TPT store!